This tour is ideal for everyone, especially families with children from 12 years old. With only one day, you still have the chance to experience most must-do activities in the Phong Nha - Ke Bang National Park. A short jungle trek will bring you to an impressive river cave, followed by an easy kayak on the beautiful Chay River.
- An easy but nonetheless spectacular day tour
- Flat jungle trek in National Park
- Splendid Nuoc Nut river cave
- Optional swimming in the cave
- Relaxing kayak along Chay River.
- Chay Lap Water Sports Center
BRIEFING: PHONG NHA - OXALIS OFFICE
Duration: 1 day tour
Availability: Jan to Aug; 4-5 tours/week
Difficulty: Level 1 Easy
Group size: 2-12 people; 12+ years old
Distance: 3km trekking; 1km caving; 3km kayaking; 50m elevation gain
Phong Nha - Safety BriefingOur tour bus will pick you up from your hotel in Phong Nha between 7.30 and 8 AM, for the drive to the Oxalis office. Here you will have a tour safety briefing, sign the release form and be provided with the required equipment for the tour.
PHONG NHA – NUOC NUT CAVE
After the briefing section in the morning, you’ll get back into our tour bus and head out to the legendary Ho Chi Minh trail to commence your trek.
The route starts with a short steep drop down from the road to the valley floor. A nice easy half hour’s trek in the jungle brings you to a dry rocky stream bed. Follow the rocky path carefully to climb down over boulders to Nuoc Nut Cave entrance. With your caving headlight and helmet, follow your guide into the darkness. Initially quite small the cave soon opens up into impressive dimensions. Plenty of stalactites and stalagmites can be seen on the way and some clear blue pools. Return to the entrance and enjoy a picnic lunch in the middle of the wilderness.
CHAY VILLAGE – CHAY LAP WATER SPORTS CENTER – PHONG NHA
In the afternoon, you will retrace your steps to the road
Continue by car to the kayaking point. Your guide will give you a briefing on how to kayak and then get you onto the water. With your safety team you will kayak downstream for about 3km through beautiful surroundings. Watch out for the bird life such as Kingfishers along the way. Finish with a cold drink at the Chay Lap Water Sports Centre. Transfer to Phong Nha arriving around 5PM
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I am a solo traveler, can I join a group?
Solo travelers are most welcome and make up a large percentage of most groups.
Why do I have to sign your Release Form?
We require customers to sign our Release Form to confirm they accept this is an adventure tour and they have to follow our guide’s instructions and safety rules. Customers also accept they have some responsibilities for their own safety.
Which months of the year do you run this tour, and which are the best months to go?
You can book the tour which departs from February to August. That is also the best time to join in the discovery and enjoy it at its best.
WE WILL PROVIDE
- Caving & safety gear: caving helmet, caving headlight, gloves and life-vests.
- Basic canvas trekking boots (only if you do not have your own pair) sizes 36 – 46
- Meals: picnic lunch
- Professional English-speaking tour guide and guide safety assistant
- Porter team to carry all camping gear and prepare meals
- Shared dry box for phones and small cameras (limited availability for larger cameras)
- Water filter and purifier (used only by guide and porters)
- First Aid Kit and Medical Rescue Equipment (application by guides and porters only)
- Kayaks (maximum 2 people on a kayak)
YOU WILL NEED TO BRING
- 1 long (easy to dry) pants and 1 long sleeved shirt to wear during the trek (quick dry)
- 1 pair of trekking boots/shoes – difficult terrain, good footwear necessary
- 1 change of clothes for after the tour
- 1 pair of calf-length densely woven socks (not ankle socks!)
- Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera
- This tour is operated from Jan to Aug (closed from Sep to Dec)
- The days in bold are still available