It is most likely that you will need a visa to enter Vietnam.
The Vietnam Visa exemption is granted to:
1. Citizens of Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Laos for visits of 30 days at the maximum.
2. Citizens of Philippines for visits of 21 days at the maximum.
3. Citizens of Japan, South Korea, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Russia and Finland for visits of 15 days at the maximum.
4. Citizens of Brunei for visits of 14 days at the maximum.
5. Citizens of France holding valid diplomatic or official passports for visits of 90 days at the maximum or several visits of 6 months at the maximum.
6. Citizens of Chile holding valid diplomatic or official passports for visits of 90 days at the maximum.
7. APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) Holders from Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) member economies for visits of 60 days at the maximum.
8. For those who travel to Phu Quoc Island – Vietnam : Foreigners and Vietnamese nationals bearing foreign passports who enter Vietnam through an international border gate and then travel to Phu Quoc Island and stay in Phu Quoc less than 15 days will also be granted Vietnam visa exemption. Passports must be valid for at least 45 days. After arriving in Phu Quoc Island, if visitors want to travel to other localities or stay in the island for more than 15 days, the immigration department will be responsible for issuing visas right on the spot.
If you have the time though, we highly recommend obtaining a 30 – 90 day visa so you have time to enjoy the beautiful country of Vietnam. There is so much to see and do!
Ultimately, please check with your embassy to see if Vietnam requires you to have a visa upon entrance to Vietnam. You will need to have the visa (or visa on arrival letter) ready to show to customs agents at both your departure and arrival airport.
We do not provide visas, invitation letters or visas on arrival (VOA), so please plan for this in advance independently. There are many online services available for a VOA. Oxalis has had good experience with or received positive feedback from the following services:
Vietnam Visa https://vietnamvisa.govt.vn/
Visa To Vietnam: http://www.visatovietnam.com/
My Vietnam Visa http://www.myvietnamvisa.com/
VietNam Discovery Travel https://www.vietnam-visa.com/
Please note that the VOA only applies for ones who enter Vietnam by AIR, you may have a long wait at the airport to pick up your visa, depending on how many other international flights land at the same time as yours.
If you are planning to enter Vietnam by other transportation, please contact the Vietnam Embassy Worldwide for visa assistance.