“Arrive as guests, leave as family!”
The Chay Lap Farmstay & Resort in the Quang Binh province of Vietnam hosts everyone by this notion and since its inception, it has redefined the entire accommodation spectrum of the local region; travelers from every part of the world visit Chay Lap and take away incredibly special memories of Vietnam. Ideally located in a way that it faces the “Adventure Capital of Asia” – the Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park, the Chay Lap Farmstay & Resort has set an unmatchable benchmark when it comes to luxury with a perfect tinge of tradition.
What makes the Chay Lap Farmstay & Resort one of the most unique accommodations in Vietnam is how it fuses the authentic Vietnamese experience with boutique living in the most spectacular surroundings you can find in this part of the world! If you don’t wish to spend your time in Vietnam staying at just another fancy yet monotonous hotel room, this is the place to be.
Extraordinary infrastructure – In the lap of nature!
When you arrive at the Chay Lap Farmstay & Resort, you will find that you’re surrounded by gorgeous farming fields and grazing lands that are owned by the local villagers; this region of Vietnam remains serene and immaculate even with the rapid growth of tourism. This exceptional farmstay retreat has individual houses with rooms for accommodation inside and these low level houses have been designed very beautifully to add to the charm of the entire place.
This fantastic abode sits majestically on 1.8 hectares of beautifully landscaped gardens and farm plots. The Chay Lap Farmstay & Resort is considered to be one of the best places to stay in Vietnam and the fact that it is located near the entrance to one of the world’s top natural world heritage sites, Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park, gives it a very powerful touch of Mother Nature.
As you walk in, you will be greeted by the breeze formed by the lush greenery around you; there are numerous trees planted in and around the premises and every footpath here has been designed in a way that you will have plants and flowers on both sides. As you make your way further inside, you will find an amazing cashew nut shaped swimming pool.
The swimming pool’s surrounding area consists of a premium bar counter, beach beds, sun lounge, seating area and everything has been revitalized with the surrounding lovely green gardens. A very special feature that you just can’t miss during your stay here would be the bronze semi-folded hand statue diagonally across the pool. This statue is where the footpaths are bifurcated and lead you to the rooms! The ideal location of the farmstay will also help you enjoy stargazing in Vietnam like never before!
Fantastic rooms – Experience luxury with a rural touch!
Chay Lap Farmstay & Resort offers travelers six unique accommodation styles!
Choosing to stay in the Farm Room allows a wonderful way to stay connected to the astounding natural environment around you and will give you a soothing accommodation experience with the rather simpler pleasures of life. The beds have incredible comfortable mattresses, pillows and velvety soft blankets that serve as your room companions as you relax. You can walk out and take in the heartwarming scenery of the farmstay gardens as you privately unwind at the room’s porch with bar stools. With a general occupancy of two adults, these rooms ideally come with one single bed and one double bed. Due to the surreal beauty of the area, this room also creates a wonderful working environment and hence, your room is also equipped with a work desk.
The cottage house is ideal for those looking to spend their time in a cottage styled room; this 34 square meter room will keep you happy and relaxed with naturally bright lighting and a superb queen size bed. Your room will be set out in the open grounds and farmstay gardens and to top it all, you will also be treated to a private 12 square meter rear patio with individual outdoor furniture, from where you can admire the local style herb and vegetable gardens. Chay Lap Farmstay & Resort has two cottage houses and apart from being equipped with other amenities, these houses also come with two additional roll-away beds in the room upon request (extra charges applied). In case you wish to securely store some valuables with extra safety, you can use the laptop-sized safety box, which you’ll find placed in your room!
Garden Room (Double)
The Garden Room – Double is also an outstanding choice, as this 24 square meter room will have you surrounded bright natural lighting in the day time, that’ll help you to peacefully admire the Chay Lap Farmstay grounds and gardens.
Apart from the incredibly comfortable queen size bed, you will also be able to relax on the private patio at the back of your room that is equipped with individual outdoor styled furniture for the guests. Many guests in the past have considered this private patio to be their favorite part of the room, as it overlooks the special local herbs and vegetable gardens. If a trio decides to book this room, they’ll be offered an additional roll-away bed (extra charges applied) to be able to comfortably accommodate all the three members.
Garden Room (Twin)
Including the price, all other features and facilities in the Garden Room – Twin are the same as that of the Garden Room – Double, with the only difference being the beds. Contrary to the queen size bed you in the Garden Room – Double, you will have twin beds in the Garden Room – Twin as the name suggests.
Based on your preference of beds, both the Garden Room – Double and Garden Room – Twin are great choices for stay at Chay Lap Farmstay & Resort!
Cottage Room (Double)
The Cottage Room – Double is the perfect choice for you if you’d like to have the luxury of a private front patio with an individual sun-lounge, apart from the sun-kissed vibe of the excellent room. These 29 square meter rooms are all cottage-styled with queen size beds and you’ll find the patio adjacent to your room.
This is a wonderful way to spend your day unwinding and soaking up some sun while letting your eyes sink into the beautiful grounds and gardens of the Chay Lap Farmstay. It would interest you to know that the additional roll-away bed option is available for the Cottage Room – Double as well.
Cottage Room (Twin)
Similar to the case of the Garden Rooms, the Cottage Rooms also come with different bedding options. The Cottage Room – Double comes with a queen size bed, while the Cottage Room – Twin comes with twin beds and you also have the option of getting an additional roll-away bed if you’re a group of three.
Amenities & Room Prices
All the above mentioned room styles come with the following basic amenities:
- Cable television
- Spacious walk-in shower
The rooms at the Chay Lap Farmstay & Resort are very reasonably priced and are absolutely fantastic when you take into consideration the diversity of experiences that you’ll take away as memories when you leave. All the rooms have a maximum occupancy of 3 people and for the Farm Room, you will be paying VND 300,000 extra for the third guest. However, for the rest of the room types, the charge for the third guest would be VND 400,000.
Here are the room charges:
- Farm Room – VND 2,300,000
- Cottage House – VND 2,300,000
- Garden Room (Double) – VND 2,100,000
- Garden Room (Twin) – VND 2,100,000
- Cottage Room (Double) – VND 2,100,000
- Cottage Room (Twin) – VND 2,100,000
Brilliant facilities and services – Enjoyment guaranteed!
There are some awesome services and facilities that you will find at the Chay Lap Farmstay & Resort, which will make sure that your time here is super memorable.
Expedition Restaurant & Lounge
The Expedition Restaurant and Lounge area is bound to become one of your favorite spots in the farmstay as you can eat, sleep and chill here from sunrise to sunset. This hub of the Farmstay is a great place to dine and unwind during your stay and meet up with other guests. The open plan yet intimate dining space starts you on the right foot every morning serving up our Full Farmstay Breakfast with a quality choice of Western and Vietnamese breakfast from 6:30 AM – 10:00 AM daily. All Day Dining is available with light snacks, comfort food and of course a taste of Vietnam with local Vietnamese cuisine from 10.00 AM to 9.00 PM daily. The dinner menu will keep you tempted for an evening of ‘timeout’ and allow you to chill and recharge from the day’s other activities; dinner is served from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM daily.
The awesome Expedition Bar next to the main restaurant area is a casual lounge bar area that offers a combination of seating styles to sit back and relax in, while enjoying your favorite chilled beverage from the long beverage list. Light snacks from the ‘Peckish Nibbles’ menu will compliment your favorite beverage before dinner and you definitely shouldn’t miss this!
Outdoor Swimming Pool
This is where you can take a chill pill and cool off as you take a plunge in the outdoor swimming pool. Situated in the front garden area of the Farmstay grounds, you will be delighted to see that there are amazing sun lounges and umbrellas to relax under or just enjoy some sun bathing! The water level is shallow enough to be safe and deep enough to immerse yourself.
Chay Lap Herbal Sauna
This is perhaps one of one of the most special services offered by the Chay Lap Farmstay & Resort. Located inside the premises of the farmstay, the Chay Lap Herbal Sauna House promises to bring to you a traditionally cozy atmosphere of peaceful wooden sauna houses, surrounded by beautiful landscaped gardens plants.
Experiencing the sauna in portable boxes will give you a feeling of blending yourself into the wonderful natural environment of the Chay Lap Farmstay & Resort. The ingredients of this unique sauna box include natural mineral water from Trooc stream, finest quality green tea leaves, ginger tea leaves and dried jasmine! Sounds amazing, doesn’t it? To learn more about the incredible uses and other information about the Chay Lap Herbal Sauna, click here!
Body massage and foot care services
While you’re at the Chay Lap Herbal Sauna place, you can enjoy a 60-minute full body massage or 30-minute foot massage, as well as a special herbal for recuperating after a long hard trekking trip in the Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park. This is a wonderful way to relax and enjoy the ambiance of the Chay Lap Farmstay & Resort. The masseuse’s fingers move like that of an artist’s and it’s nothing short of magic when the right parts of your body are treated the way they’re meant to be treated! Do not miss this amazing experience when you stay here.
Hang En Out Room
The Hang En Out Room has been named after the third largest cave in the world – Hang En and is the ideal venue for small meetings, conferences or workshops. Offering 32.6 square meter of meeting space, up to 20 people can be comfortably accommodated in a variety of set-up styles. A 60’ Flat screen LED TV, DVD player, LCD Projector, screen, flipcharts, whiteboard with markers are some of the amenities ready for your meeting or event.
A range of menus for refreshment breaks, lunches, cocktail receptions and dinners can be designed to suit your needs. You can also submit your event or gathering enquiry to the sales department of Chay Lap and you will be provided with a personalized proposal inclusive of food & beverage menu options.
The Watering Hole Pool Bar
After a morning or afternoon of exploratory adventures in the Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park, chilled replenishment can be found in the quiet setting of the pool bar. Take a refreshing dip, followed by a tropical juice or indulgent cocktail, complimented by a choice of light snack bites, as mentioned above. From the Watering Hole Pool Bar, you can also sit under the outdoor garden pergola and look out across the local farming fields with grazing cattle and tree plantations, as you unwind or cool off for the rest of your day.
It would certainly impress you to know that there are various other activities that you can partake in here and they’re free of cost;
You can spend time indulging in the local art of gardening in the farmstay’s premises. You can pick up the gardening tools from the reception area and make your way to the farm plot gardens. Chay Lap’s dedicated gardening team will work alongside and will guide you in case you find yourself confused. The best part about this activity is that you will be contributing to the growth of the farmstay’s guest garden plot.
The farmstay will provide you with high quality mountain bikes to cycle around and freely explore the local area by yourself and at your own pace. Riding through the farming fields along the ebullient Son River is indeed a very memorable experience as you’ll find yourself immersed in beauty from all angles! To ensure your safety and better protection while on the bikes, you will also be provided with helmets by the farmstay itself.
Chay Lap Riverside
The Chay Lap Riverside is part of the amazing Chay Lap Farmstay & Resort and is located about 500 meters from the main property, over the entrance road which passes alongside green buffalo fields on each side. Once you cross the road and follow the path to reach Chay Lap Riverside, you will find that it has of a Water Sports Center and a great Riverside Cafe.
Phong Nha is considered to be a paradise to kayak and at the Water Sports Center, you can enjoy fun activities on the Chay River such as kayaking, water skippers, jet-skiing, water biking, round boats and more! You’ll be greeted by smiling faces of the friendly staff, ready to grab you a cold drink from the Riverside Café and set you up for an adventurous and exciting experience on the Chay River. The Riverside Café is a traditional wooden platform that has a kitchen and couches to make for a very cozy ambiance and has an array of fresh fruit juices, soft drinks, beers, and coffees on offer.
A local classic tour operator named Di Di Thoi is also located here and both the Chay Lap Farmstay & Resort and Di Di Thoi are sub-companies of the Oxalis Holiday. Di Di Thoi believes in inspiring local experiences in the local region in and around the Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park and offers travelers some amazing tours to experience the beauty of Phong Nha, such as the Sunset Cruise, Phong Nha River Cruise and Phong Nha National Park tour!
Other attractions – Wanderlust like never before!
As mentioned in the beginning, the Chay Lap Farmstay & Resort is a community resort located near the entrance of Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park and there are way too many things to do and places to see in the majestic land of Phong Nha.
As one of the world’s most renowned and top attractions for nature lovers, the Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park in Vietnam has made its mark on a global level, for being one of the most naturally blessed places ever seen! What gives Phong Nha a phenomenal stature among the top national parks in the world is the fact that Phong Nha is home to the most astounding and largest caves in the world; Hang Son Doong – Largest cave on Earth, Hang En – Third largest cave in the world, Hang Va – One of the world’s most beautiful caves with the rarest formations ever seen, Tu Lan Cave System – Giant cave system made up of over 10 caves where you experience the unique thrill of swimming under the Earth’s surface! Being one of the top national parks in Vietnam, the Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park is also home to some tremendous natural attractions like the Bong Lai Valley, Phong Nha Botanical Garden, Nuoc Mooc Eco-Trail, Paradise Cave, Phong Nha Cave and Dark Cave where you can enjoy the thrill of experiencing Vietnam’s longest zip-line!
The Chay Lap Farmstay & Resort will give you a life changing experience and is undoubtedly one of the most unique and best places to stay in Vietnam. Enjoy your stay!
Oxalis Adventure Tours:
ONE DAY TOURS
If you are seeking a taste of the caves and really don’t have enough time then we recommend a one-day cave and jungle trek. We currently have three tour options for you to select, each with a slightly different style and suitability.
• Phong Nha National Park 1-Day: Our family adventure in the Phong Nha offers a great taste of untouched jungle and impressive wild caves. It is the easiest level of adventure but there is still 5km of trekking and 2km of caving, and optional swimming during warmer weather into one cave. It’s suitable for kids from 12 and above with good fitness, and so this makes for a great day for everyone! It costs VND 1,650,000 per person (USD 72).
• Tu Lan Experience – 1 Day: This is one of our original one-day tours and still one of the best adventures in Vietnam. This one-day tour includes rock scrambling, 50m swimming through a wild river-cave, and up to 9 km of trekking through the lush jungles. You will also strap yourself in for a 15m decent down a ladder. It costs VND 1,800,000 (USD 78) per person.
• Hang Tien Discovery – 1 Day: This one-day tour is perfect for trekking enthusiasts eager to see the largest cave of Tu Lan but without time for the two-day experience. Hang Tien is a dry cave so no swimming required, but still includes up to 4km of trekking through mostly flat jungle and about 500m exploring this incredible cave that will no doubt impress with its grandeur. It costs VND 2,000,000 per person (USD 87).
TWO DAY TOURS
Our most popular cave adventures start from two-days providing an immersive jungle and caving adventure, each targeting a slightly different kind of adventure-seeker, or perfect for those who want to combine a couple of tours to see different caves and areas on one trip to Phong Nha.
• Tu Lan Cave Encounter – 2 Days: Our most popular tour exploring the famous jungle area of Tu Lan. On this overnight camping excursion, you will trek through a number of different dry caves, swim up to 500m through a couple of river caves, witness outstanding cascading waterfalls underground as featured in National Geographic, and spend the night at our jungle camp beside a gorgeous waterfall. It includes 12km of trekking and 3km of caving in total and is for those with good adventurous spirit. It costs VND 5,500,000 per person (USD 239).
• Hang En Cave Adventure – 2 Days: For two days, this is our best-value-for-money tour that includes one of the most jaw-dropping natural landscapes you will see in this lifetime. This cave is considered the second largest cave in Vietnam and third largest in the World, and it also makes up one night of the original five-day Son Doong Cave Expedition being so close to the largest cave in the world. It includes visiting Ban Doong Ethnic Village, located in the jungle, and a magnificent campsite on a sandy beach inside the cave. It includes 22km of jungle trekking at times quite rocky, multiple knee-deep river crossings, and elevation change of 400m (the ‘hill’ you won’t forget), and 4km of caving. This is a level 3 adventure on a scale of 1 to 6. It costs VND 7,600,000 per person (USD 330).
• Hang Tien Endeavor – 2 Days: A two-day trek into the jungle to see the largest dry cave of the Tu Lan area, exploring 5.5km of this truly stunning cave, with a variety of karst formations. This 13km trek is suitable for those not too keen on cave swimming or a too many hills, but still up for an adventure. This is a level 4 adventure between 1 and 6, with 6 being the most challenging. It costs VND 6,500,000 per person (USD 283).
• Hang Va Expedition – 2 Days: A technically challenging, but equally rewarding two-day caving adventure in the heart of Phong Nha National Park. This tour takes you deep into the jungle to one of the most spectacular river-caves, with formations not seen anywhere else in the world! It involves rock scrambling, wading through an underground river, bouldering and rope-traversing within the cave, to reach the rarest tower cone formations. This involves quite a lot of technical work due to safety, but is not overly difficult, it includes 10km of trekking and 3 km of caving. This is a level 4 adventure, with 6 being the highest. It costs VND 8,000,000 per person (USD 348).
Now, if you really want to increase the adventure and soak up the wild jungle of Vietnam, with plenty of time to relax and enjoy the area, we highly recommend a three-day caving tour of our Tu Lan or Hang Tien.
• Wild Tu Lan Cave Explorer – 3 Days: This tour incorporates the very best of Tu Lan with two different jungle campsites besides stunning waterfalls, 3km of cave exploring through a number of caves, 1km of cave swimming and visiting some additional areas not included on our shorter experiences. Our three-day tour is very popular and tends to be booked out so get in quick to enjoy this thrilling jungle adventure. It includes 17 km of jungle trekking and with quite a bit of swimming you will need to have a good level of fitness. It is not for the faint-hearted, but still only considered level 3 adventure level compared to level 4 of the Hang Tien 3-day tour. It costs VND 8,000,000 per person (USD 348).
• Hang Tien Exploration – 3 Days: This three-day tour stands out for combining a taste of Tu Lan with some river cave swimming, before crossing a mountain range to reach the valley for Hang Tien – the most astounding dry caves in the region, where you will enjoy trekking, bouldering over various rocky terrains to witnessing breathtaking patterned calcite walls & ceilings of Hang Tien. It’s challenging and definitely more suited to adventure enthusiasts who have trekking experience and prefer more challenging routes. It includes a total of 22km of trekking, 6.5 km of caving and an elevation change of 150m over one particular hillside. You will get wet, you will be challenged, but you will not be disappointed. Hang Tien is located adjacent to the Tu Lan area so you will enjoy the best of both worlds – a level 4 adventure out of 6 adventure levels. It costs VND 8,500,000 per person (USD 370).
FOUR & FIVE-DAY TOURS
For those looking for the ultimate adventure experience in Vietnam, and thriving for the real grand expedition of the world, you should opt for these 4-day journeys to explore the entire cave system of Tu Lan and the largest cave on Earth
• Tu Lan Expedition – 4 Days: You will also explore all of the extraordinary caves in Tu Lan, including Kim Cave and Secret Cave that boasts phenomenal natural falls and karst formations inside these two unbelievable river caves. Complete a trek through Hang Tien Cave – famed for its vastness and magnificent formations. Our secluded jungle campsites are spectacular and mostly different from those visited on our shorter treks in the same region. This is a perfect alternative expedition for those who are unable to do Son Doong Expedition, still it’s challenging and not recommended for those without experience. It includes an additional night at Chay Lap Farmstay before the tour to ensure you are well rested and ready to depart early the following day. Level 5 on our 6 adventure levels. It includes 30km of jungle trekking, 5 km of caving, about 800m swimming through caves and one abseil in a cave in the pitch black – highly adventurous! It costs VND 15,000,000 per person (USD 652).
• Son Doong Expedition – 4 Days: By now you would have seen some pictures of Son Doong Cave, and even they don’t do it justice. The record-breaking Son Doong Cave is hands-down one of the most stunning places on this planet Earth. The expedition is tough, but not too difficult so long as you have a strong resolve to achieve. It is surely one of the newest wonders of the world. Son Doong is not just another cave tour – it is life changing to say the least. It includes 25km of trekking, 9 km caving including rope climbs, and the 90m ascent of the Great Wall of Vietnam using a ladder, elevation change of 400m and many river crossings inside and outside the cave. Level 6 on our adventure levels. It costs VND 69,800,000 per person (USD 3000).
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS? Visit our FAQs section where we have alot of answers for your questions and concerns. https://oxalis.com.vn/faq-general/
WANT TO SEE VIDEOS OF OUR TOURS? Visit our youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/OxalisAdventurTours
WANT TO CHAT LIVE WITH OUR ADVENTURE CONSULTANT? Please look at the green icon at the right cornor on your screen below to talk to our Adventure Consultant.